Losing weight in 7 days requires a lot of sacrifices. Personally, I believe that weight loss is not a miracle. I’ve been doing this 7 day Vegetarian diet to lose 10 pounds in 1 week. I’m currently at the heaviest weight I’ve ever been in my life.
What is a vegetarian diet?
Some people follow a “vegetarian” diet, but there’s no single vegetarian eating pattern. The vegan or total vegetarian diet includes only foods from plants: fruits, vegetables, legumes (dried beans and peas), grains, seeds and nuts. The lactovegetarian diet includes plant foods plus cheese and other dairy products. The ovo-lactovegetarian (or lacto-ovovegetarian) diet also includes eggs. Semi-vegetarians don’t eat red meat but include chicken and fish with plant foods, dairy products and eggs.
Are vegetarian diets healthful?
Most vegetarian diets are low in or devoid of animal products. They’re also usually lower than nonvegetarian diets in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol. Many studies have shown that vegetarians seem to have a lower risk of obesity, coronary heart disease (which causes heart attack), high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus and some forms of cancer.
What are the nutrients to consider in a vegetarian diet?
- Protein: You don’t need to eat foods from animals to have enough protein in your diet. Plant proteins alone can provide enough of the essential and non-essential amino acids, as long as sources of dietary protein are varied and caloric intake is high enough to meet energy needs.
- Whole grains, legumes, vegetables, seeds and nuts all contain both essential and non-essential amino acids. You don’t need to consciously combine these foods (“complementary proteins”) within a given meal.
- Soy protein has been shown to be equal to proteins of animal origin. It can be your sole protein source if you choose.
- Iron: Vegetarians may have a greater risk of iron deficiency than nonvegetarians. The richest sources of iron are red meat, liver and egg yolk — all high in cholesterol. However, dried beans, spinach, enriched products, brewer’s yeast and dried fruits are all good plant sources of iron.
- Vitamin B-12: This comes naturally only from animal sources. Vegans need a reliable source of vitamin B-12. It can be found in some fortified (not enriched) breakfast cereals, fortified soy beverages, some brands of nutritional (brewer’s) yeast and other foods (check the labels), as well as vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin D: Vegans should have a reliable source of vitamin D. Vegans who don’t get much sunlight may need a supplement.
- Calcium: Studies show that vegetarians absorb and retain more calcium from foods than nonvegetarians do. Vegetable greens such as spinach, kale and broccoli, and some legumes and soybean products, are good sources of calcium from plants.
- Zinc: Zinc is needed for growth and development. Good plant sources include grains, nuts and legumes. Shellfish are an excellent source of zinc. Take care to select supplements containing no more than 15-18 mg zinc. Supplements containing 50 mg or more may lower HDL (“good”) cholesterol in some people.
Vegetarian diets can be healthful and nutritionally sound if they’re carefully planned to include essential nutrients. However, a vegetarian diet can be unhealthy if it contains too many calories and/or saturated fat and not enough important nutrients.
These vegetarian diet meal plans for weight loss for 7 days:
Vegetarian diet #Day 1:
Alone fruit (felt good, pigged out with peaches, apples, bananas, and cantaloupe)
Vegetarian diet #Day 2:
Vegetables only and a baked potato, no limit about veggies but no carrots, peas or beans (felt good, ate celery, cucumber, zucchini, green peppers, and salad). I eat 2 small red potatoes with spray butter. I started to feel hungry by nightfall but I had 2 cups of tea which fulfilled the hunger.
Vegetarian diet #Day 3:
Fruit and vegetables, no limit but none potato. I just eat on any fruits and veggies I had in the home. I cut up the fruit and had a fruit salad for breakfast (cantaloupe, strawberries, peaches), as lunch I had a salad with lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers and strawberries and for dinner, I eat one-half a cantaloupe.
Vegetarian diet #Day 4:
Bananas and up to 8 weight watchers yogurt, no limit about bananas (felt clear headed and focused, I eat 5 bananas and 4 yogurts). I was really hungry at night after a walk but a cup of herb tea did the trick.
See more: Top benefts of bananas with your health
Vegetarian diet #Day 5:
Poultry and equal to 8 tomatoes drink a glass of water after each tomato (I feel hungry and a bit queasy today. I eat a few deli turkey, a sun dried tomato, a few chicken wings, some carrots (which were not about the list for today) and about 5 sweet potato fries (as well not on the list). I have been sipping on the water every day and have had 2 cups of tea so far.
For dinner, I had ground turkey with a tomato sauce I made with fresh tomatoes, garlic and 1/2 an onion on spices. It was due to the list but Travis did not like them. I was distracted on yard work and walking among my dogs last night so I was too busy to think of food or be hungry.
Vegetarian diet #Day 6:
Poultry and vegetables, no limit, no potatoes. I will be consuming my leftovers from dinner along with green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes today.
Vegetarian diet #Day 7:
Magic Diet Soup:
- 2-3 onions
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 green pepper
- 5-6 celery stalks
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 packages of Lipton soup
Chop veggies and saute, blend tomatoes and add to the veggies, then add 5-6 cups of water. Add soup mix after the veggies have been cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Gum has really helped when I feel the most hungry, but I haven’t had any hunger pains, I think it’s mostly psychological.
- After Day 7 for Vegetarian diet I weighed myself and realized that I have lost 12 pounds in just one week. I’ve ne’er lost that much weight so fast and I felt like them gave me a jump start to start eating healthier. These very encourage me to eat new style of eating. I think it would be safe to do these every 6-8 weeks, but definitely not every day. This is only my opinion and not a medical advice. Happy eating!
- Top 10 Amazing Avocado Health Benefits for Everyone
- 11 Health Benefits of Yoga after Pregnancy
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days with this Special Military Diet
- How to Get Six-Pack ABS with this 8-weeks diet
- How to Get Slim with 7-Day Arm-Toning Workout Challenge
(from www.themilitarydietplan.com and www.heart.org)
Download 3 Day Military Diet Plan